Music LessonsCheck out our new First Lesson and Instrument Care videos!
Private Music Lessons
We offer weekly lessons for students aged 6 and up with our excellent music faculty. Lessons are available for: acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, cello, saxophone, trumpet, percussion, voice, clarinet, flute, recorder, trombone, baritone, harmonica, and ukulele.
To start lessons, please call 202-244-7326 to set up a lesson time. When coming in for your first lesson, please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled lesson in order to finish registration.
- Lessons have been reserved for you at a specific time and day. This is your time for which you are responsible until you provide a minimum notice of 2 lessons to discontinue.
- Lesson payments will be charged on the 1st of the month prior to lessons being given. The charge for one month of lessons is either $180 -or- $225; this charge is based solely on the number of lessons allocated in the next given month. (e.g., if my lesson day is Monday and there are four Mondays in the month, I will be charged $180) This rate reflects a half-hour weekly lesson for one student.
- A one-time $25 registration fee will be assessed for each new lesson account; lessons will be pro-rated for new students beginning in the middle of the month.
- Lesson payments will be charged at the end of the month.
- If you provide at least 1-week’s notice that you will not be attending a lesson, you will not be charged.
- Students are expected to attend each lesson on the day and time that has been reserved for them. In the event of an anticipated absence, a student will receive one (1) rescheduled lesson per semester block. The semester blocks are as follows:
- Sept. 1 – Jan. 31
- Feb. 1 – May 30
- An excused absence reschedule becomes available to new students after four lessons.
- To receive this rescheduled lesson, it must be requested no later than one (1) business day before the regularly scheduled lesson. Unused reschedules do not accrue across multiple semester blocks and may not be used as part of the 2-lesson cancellation notification.
- In the event of a teacher absence, a qualified substitute will be provided for that day. There are no credits for lessons missed if a substitute has been provided.
- If you provide at least 1-week’s notice that you will not be attending a lesson, you will not be charged for lessons occurring between December 24th and January 1st.
- Middle C Music will be closed on the following holidays. Students will not be charged for lessons that would normally have occurred on these holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, and the 4th of July.
Middle C Music Teachers
|Brass and Wind Teachers||Percussion Teachers|